Hey everyone! It’s almost Lunar New Year! This year is Year of the Water Tiger. I got the colour inspiration for this mani from those that are said to be lucky for this year: fiery red, cerulean blue, imperial yellow. Plus orange is considered to be particularly lucky for those that are born in the year of the Tiger! Aren’t these little tigers so cute? :3
This post contains products received in PR*
- For this manicure, I started by applying a peel off base coat (UNT Ready for Takeoff)
- For my base I used a goldenrod yellow with metallic orange flakes, Femme Fatale Boreas.
- For all of the reverse stamped Lunar New Year designs I used the Maniology M264 Lunar New Year: Year of the Tiger Stamping Plate* with a black stamping polish (Maniology Straight Up Black) and the Whats Up Nails Jumbo Stamper to pick up the designs.
- Each design was then filled in with red (ILNP Say Love), blue (KL Polish Matanzas), orange (Zoya Amy) and white (KL Polish Winter is Coming) metallic polishes, as well as the same yellow used for the base using a thin striping brush from December’s MXM* or a dotting tool.
- I let the designs dry 10-20 minutes on the stamper until they were dry to the touch, but not so dry so as to be brittle. I then transferred each design to my nails. When the designs are a bit elastic still they transfer more easily and take the shape of the nail the best. If you are having trouble with design transfer you can use a sticky base coat on top of your base polish and let that dry a couple of minutes before transferring the designs.
- I finished off the mani by applying the Apipila Cosmeticos Smudge Free Nail Art Top Coat, followed by a glossy top coat, Vibrant Vinyls Fast & Hard Quick Dry Glossy Top Coat.
What are you doing to celebrate Lunar New Year?
Watch my video tutorial below to see how it was done!
Disclaimer: These products were sent to me for review. As always, all of my opinions expressed here are never solicited and are entirely my own.