Hey everyone! Today I have a tutorial using one of Maniology’s new plates, New Year: Art Deco (m260)*. This plate gives me all the 1920’s Great Gatsby vibes and I’m totally obsessed! To give these geometric designs some lustre I used pink and gold chrome powders, channeling pink champagne for a festive evening!
This post contains products received in PR*
- For this manicure, I started by applying a peel off base coat (UNT Ready for Takeoff)
- For my base I used a black (China Glaze Liquid Leather) topped with a pink holo and flakie topper (Maniology Glisten*). Because these polishes dried with some tack to them, I topped them off with a matte top coat (Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Matte Top Coat) and let that dry completely to ensure the chrome powders only stuck to the stamped designs.
- For all of the art deco designs I used the Maniology M260 New Year: Art Deco Stamping Plate* with the Moyra Black Foil Stamping Polish and the Whats Up Nails Jumbo Stamper.
- For each design I stamped them on one at a time on a nail, and then immediately applied gold and pink chrome powders using a foam applicator (your finger would work as well). I first pressed on the powder and then buffed it in lightly. I then brushed off all excess. Powders used are Maniology Sun Sign and Whats Up Nails Rose Chrome Powder*.
- I finished off the mani by applying the Maniology Smudge Free Top Coat, followed by a glossy top coat, Vibrant Vinyls Fast & Hard Quick Dry Glossy Top Coat.
I truly love everything about this NYE mani! All the glisten and glam!