Hey everyone! Today I’m showing off some new water slide decals that just happened to be included in my recent purchase from Harlow & Co. Back in the day, using water decals was actually one of the ways I started getting more into detailed nail art, since they are so easy to use!
These decals in particular are sooo pretty because they are very shiny and reflective! Definitely the best and prettiest I have ever used. They also performed really well, separating easily from the base paper, laying very flat on the nail, and not crimping or cracking after applying a QDTC (at least with the one I used!). One note though, they will crack if you use a matte top coat, so glossy is the way to go!
- For this manicure, I started by applying a peel off base coat (UNT Ready for Takeoff)
- For my bases I used three Winter-y shades, ILNP Aspen, Reign and Snowstorm. I waited until my base shades were completely dry before moving onto the next step.
- For all of the designs I used water slide decals, which are basically water temporary tattoos for your nails! The sheet I used was F252 from MILV, sold by Harlow & Co. This particular sheet has a variety of Christmas and Winter Holiday designs in silver.
- These particular decals come in a plastic sleeve with no additional top layer of plastic. So, if you have ever forgotten to remove that top layer and had your water decals accidentally transfer onto that, there’s no chance of that here! The entire sheet of decals appears to be printed on one sheet of water slide material, so cut off as much excess surrounding the decal as you can (other water decals I’ve used only have the water slide material in the area immediately around the image).
- I submerged the decals for 10 seconds in water, and then waited a further 15 seconds out of water before separating the decal from the base paper. You will likely want a pair of tweezers when working with the decals! Do one decal and one nail at a time!
- Once you separate the decal from the base paper, you can transfer it onto the nail and use a pressing/buffing motion with your finger to get it to lay flat and smooth any creases that may occur.
- I finished off the mani by applying a glossy top coat, Vibrant Vinyls Fast & Hard Quick Dry Glossy Top Coat.
How easy was that?! Bam! Winter holiday nails with minimal effort. Water slide decals are also super cheap, so you can do nail art on a budget!