Hey everyone! I am finally getting to winter/Christmas manicures! To make up for lost time I am going to *try* to post one mani every day this week until Christmas. We will see if I can do it!
I love that this mani has a wow factor but is actually quite simple to do! The game changer is the Moyra Foil Stamping Polish, which is a new product to me. You can use a regular stamping polish with chrome powders, but I do think this polish had a lot more tack to it, giving a more brilliant effect! I think I’ll be ordering a white foil stamping polish as well to see if it changes the effect/colour of powders.
This mani contains products received in PR*
- For this manicure, I started by applying a peel off base coat (UNT Ready for Takeoff)
- For my base I used a deep blue with red shimmer and holographic microflakes, Potion Polish Gluhwein*. Before moving onto the chrome powder snowflakes make sure your base is completely dried. It also helps if you choose a base polish that dries kind of matte.
- For all of the snowflakes I used the UberChic Beauty Jingle All the Way Stamping Plate with the Moyra Black Foil Stamping Polish and the Whats Up Nails Jumbo Stamper.
- For each snowflake I stamped them on one at a time on a nail, and then immediately applied chrome powder to the snowflake using a foam applicator (your finger would work as well). I first pressed on the powder and then buffed it in lightly. I then brushed off all excess. Repeat for every snowflake, slightly layering them over each other on the edges. Powders used are Whats Up Nails Rose, Paradise, Fuchsia and Lilac Chrome Powders*.
- Once all of the nails were covered with chrome powder snowflakes I finished off the mani by applying the Maniology Smudge Free Top Coat, followed by a glossy top coat, Vibrant Vinyls Fast & Hard Quick Dry Glossy Top Coat.
I think this was a great way to start off my week of holiday manicures! Until tomorrow!