Hey everyone! Happy Friyay! Here’s my second to last mani for Halloween!
For this mani I wanted to feature some new Halloween polishes to my collection that I got from September’s Polish Pickup (PPU): Heather’s Hues Get Lit and Polished for Days Jack-O’-Lantern. It doesn’t get much more Halloween than this!
- For this manicure, I started by applying a peel off base coat (UNT Ready for Takeoff)
- For my base I used a black jelly with multiple sizes of purple and orange glitters (Heather’s Hues Get Lit) and an orange jelly with orange and black flakies (Polished for Days Jack-O’-Lantern). Because these are textured polishes I used the Glisten & Glow Glitter Grabber to help smooth them out before moving onto the next step.
- For the spider web designs on the pointer and pinky fingers I used the MoYou London Festive Collection – 53 Stamping Plate and the Whats Up Nails Jumbo Stamper with a metallic orange polish (Hit the Bottle Copper Haired Girl Stamping Polish).
- For the web and spider designs on the middle and ring fingers I used the MoYou London Halloween Collection – 08 Stamping Plate with a black stamping polish (Maniology Straight Up Black Stamping Polish). All the designs on the ring finger were stamped directly on, and I topped off the spiders with metallic orange and black dots to add detail to their bodies using a dotting tool and the same stamping polishes listed above.
- For the reverse stamped spider on the middle finger I filled it in with metallic orange (same as listed above) and holo brown (ILNP Cabin Fever) polishes using a dotting tool.
- Once the design was dry I transferred it onto the nail.
- I finished off the mani by applying the Apipila Cosmeticos Smudge Free Nail Art Top Coat, followed by a glossy top coat, Vibrant Vinyls Fast & Hard Quick Dry Glossy Top Coat. Something that I have been doing lately to give nails with reverse stamping that extra smooth finish is apply multiple coats of a smoothing top coat (Glisten & Glow Glitter Grabber) after applying the smudge free, and before the QDTC. This is an optional step for sure, as I mostly do it to help my pictures look better. This is something I don’t show in videos as it is redundant.
Glam spiders anyone?