Hey everyone! I’m going to try to fit in as many Halloween manis as I can as we rapidly approach the final days of October!
For this mani I was inspired by the colour scheme of a new polish to my collection, Colores de Carol “Alien”. This squishy bright green jelly has all sorts of fun glitters in pink, orange, yellow, green and purple (plus black stars!!!), so I let some of those shades inform my colour selection for this mani!
*This mani contains items received in PR
- For this manicure, I started by applying a peel off base coat (UNT Ready for Takeoff)
- For my base I used a green jelly filled with a variety of pink, purple, yellow, orange and green hex and circular glitters, plus black star glitters (Colores de Carol Alien). Because this is a textured polish I used the Glisten & Glow Glitter Grabber to help smooth out the polish before moving onto the next step.
- For all of the reverse stamped jack-o’-lanterns I used the MoYou London Festive Collection – 53 Stamping Plate and the Whats Up Nails Jumbo Stamper with a black stamping polish (Maniology Straight Up Black Stamping Polish).
- To fill in the pumpkins I used white (Maniology Bam! White Stamping Polish) for the eyes and yellow, orange and neon pink polishes (KL Polish Tropicana, China Glaze Good as Marigold, Zoya Janie*) for the base of the pumpkins, applied with a dotting tool. To make sure the designs were opaque, I also applied white to the back of each design after they were fully dried.
- Once the pumpkins were dry I transferred them onto each nail.
- I finished off the mani by applying the Apipila Cosmeticos Smudge Free Nail Art Top Coat, followed by a glossy top coat, Vibrant Vinyls Fast & Hard Quick Dry Glossy Top Coat.
While this colour palette is certainly out of the box for Halloween, it is just too much fun! And who says there can’t be pink jack-o’-lanterns?!