Hey everyone! It has been SUCH a long time since I have posted! I have travelled from one side of Canada and back again over the last three weeks, visiting home and family. But now I am BACK and ready to get into nails again!
This mani was inspired by my latest Fall purchase from my favourite tea company, David’s Tea! This Fall they came out with an adorable green mug covered with pumpkins in shades of copper, mustard and plum, and I just knew I had to recreate it! I think it’s pretty spot on. You can check out the mug for accuracy here.
- For this manicure, I started by applying a peel off base coat (UNT Ready for Takeoff)
- For my base I used a medium forest green creme (KL Polish Mojito; this is literally the exact shade of the mug?! How lucky was I to have this on hand?!)
- For all of the pumpkins I reverse stamped them using the Whats Up Nails B053 That’s Pretty Autumn! Stamping Plate and the Whats Up Nails Jumbo Stamper with orange and copper stamping polishes (Maniology Pumpkin Head and Spiced Orange Stamping Polishes). Because I didn’t have a plum stamping polish I also used a slightly deeper regular polish shade of plum, and I think it worked fairly well, since it lightened up a bit due to being more transparent (KL Polish Mindy).
- With a dotting tool I filled in all the pumpkins with copper, mustard and plum polishes (Maniology Spiced Orange, Cirque Colors Urbanized and Sally Hansen Ruby Do).
- Once the pumpkins were dry I transferred them onto the nail, layering and spacing them sort of unevenly, to match the original mug.
- I finished off the mani by applying the Apipila Cosmeticos Smudge Free Nail Art Top Coat, followed by a glossy top coat, Vibrant Vinyls Fast & Hard Quick Dry Glossy Top Coat.
I‘m so happy that I was able to replicate this adorable mug so closely. What do you think?