Hey everyone! It’s the end of Summer and I thought I’d do a mani to celebrate the transition to Fall! I’m loving this low key seventies-esque colour palette.
*This mani contains items received in PR
- For this manicure, I started by applying a peel off base coat (UNT Ready for Takeoff)
- For my base shades I used a selection of a blue microglitter, a white flakie crelly, a yellow flakie and a brown microflakie on each nail (Painted Polish Stay Salty, Whatcha Indie Phenomena, Painted Polish Sun Soaked, Painted Polish Pumpkin Spice 4 Life).
- After that dried I used a liquid latex around my cuticles (Cuticula Scented Nail Tape) to minimize clean up.
- For all designs I used the MoYou London Fall in Love-10 and 11 Stamping Plates and the Whats Up Nails Jumbo Stamper.
- For the layered middle nail I first stamped on a mustard plaid with the Fall in Love-11 plate and the Maniology Tumeric Sun Stamping Polish.
- For the remainder of the designs I reverse stamped them all, picking up the designs with a brown stamping polish, Maniology Annato Clay. All of the designs were filled in with a variety of yellows, pinks, and the base shades used on the nails (base shades listed above, Zoya Mara*, Zoya Bee*, Whats Up Nails Fab Cab Stamping Polish*).
- To help with transfer I applied a sticky base coat to all my nails and waited for it to become tacky after a few minutes (Orly Bonder).
- Once the designs were dry I transferred them onto each nail.
- I finished off the mani by applying the Apipila Cosmeticos Smudge Free Nail Art Top Coat, followed by a glossy top coat, Vibrant Vinyls Fast & Hard Quick Dry Glossy Top Coat. I topped it all off with a matte top coat, Cuticula Cloud Cover Matte Top Coat.
This was one of those manis where I wasn’t sure it was going to work out, particularly since I knew I was using a complicated colour palette, but it actually worked out so well! I’m pretty much obsessed with this colour combo!