Hey everyone! In celebration of the Potion Polish Autumn 2021 shades launching today I decided to do some Fall nail art with the collection. I use these birch tree designs at least once a year because I love them so much! Nothing screams Fall like changing leaves and this polish collection provides the full colour spectrum!
*This mani contains products received in PR
- For this manicure, I started by applying a peel off base coat (UNT Ready for Takeoff)
- I started out with Potion Polish Hearthside as my base which is a grey-taupe crelly filled with a variety of flakies and glitters. Because this polish is textured I used a smoothing top coat on top before moving on to the next step.
- After that was dried I used a liquid latex around my cuticles (Edge Perfection Easy Peel Polish Barrier) to minimize clean up.
- For the leaf and birch tree designs I used the UberChic Beauty Lovely Leaves 3 Stamping Plate with a black polish (Whats Up Nails Neither Noir) and reverse stamped all the designs using the Whats Up Nails Jumbo Stamper. I used almost all of the polishes from the collection to fill in the leaves with a dotting tool: Forest Trail, Hello Fall, Smoky Maple Chai, Everything Pumpkin, Fallen Leaves, Cranberry Fizzy. To fill in the birch trees I used a white polish (Whats Up Nails Blanc My Mind).
- While the designs dried I applied a sticky base coat to my nails to help transfer (Orly Bonder) and after a couple of minutes transferred all the designs.
- I then stamped leaves onto the birch trees using the matching design on the same plate, and most of the same Potion Polish shades mentioned above. Because these polishes aren’t stamping polishes, I layered the leaves twice over.
- After ensuring the designs were dry to the touch, I finished off the mani by applying the Apipila Cosmeticos Smudge Free Nail Art Top Coat, followed by a glossy top coat, Vibrant Vinyls Fast & Hard Quick Dry Glossy Top Coat.
Who else is excited for Fall!? It’s the most wonderful time of the year, to me 😉