Hey everyone! Rogue Lacquer was kind enough to send me their Summer 2021 Collection*, which releases July 30th 2021, and I was thrilled to do some fun Summer nail art with it! I have done ice cream cones with this technique before and it was a lot of fun to do again, but this time with a twist! I love playing with the contrast of matte and glossy finishes, so I decided to do that in this mani, giving the ice cream that melty, glossy look! Check back for my swatches of the entire collection tomorrow!
*This mani contains products received in PR
- For this manicure, I started by applying a peel off base coat (UNT Ready for Takeoff)
- I started out with a nude creme as the shade for the cone (Zoya Leigh).
- After that was dried I used a liquid latex around my cuticles (Edge Perfection Easy Peel Polish Barrier) to minimize clean up and stamped on a drippy ice cream cone design from the Apipila Cosmeticos Candy Land Stamping Plate with a white stamping polish (Whats Up Nails Blanc My Mind) and the What’s Up Nails Jumbo Clear Stamper.
- I then used the polishes from the Rogue Lacquer Summer 2021 Collection to trace over where the white drips were with the polish brush and a dotting tool.
- After ensuring the designs were dry to the touch, I finished off the mani by applying the Apipila Cosmeticos Smudge Free Nail Art Top Coat, followed by a glossy top coat, Vibrant Vinyls Fast & Hard Quick Dry Glossy Top Coat, and a matte top coat, Anchor & Heart Matte Top Coat. I then traced over the ice cream part with the glossy top coat again.
These shades are so fun and bright. The results totally remind me of a neon sherbet!