Hey everyone! It’s shark week, but make it glam! duunnn dunnn… duuuunnnn duun… Cadillacquer Shape of Water was the perfect base for this mani with those deep teal flakes and red glitters! There’s blood in the water and the sharks can sense it!
- For this manicure, I started by applying a peel off base coat (UNT Ready for Takeoff).
- For the base I used a deep teal flakie polish with red glitters (Cadillacquer Shape of Water)
- To make clean up easier I applied a liquid latex to my cuticles (Edge Perfection Easy Peel Polish Barrier).
- For all shark designs I used the Maniology M145 Under the Sea: Coral Reef and M146 Under the Sea: Dive In Stamping Plates. First I picked up the larger shark designs with a black stamping polish (Whats Up Nails Neither Noir) with the Whats Up Nails Jumbo Clear Stamper. I then filled in those designs with white and grey polishes with a dotting tool (China Glaze White on White and KL Polish Cancer). Before applying them to each nail I let the designs dry for 10-20 minutes, then stamped them on each nail.
- I then stamped smaller sharks on the pointer and ring fingers first in a dark teal (Maniology Harlequin B230 Stamping Polish), and then again in grey (KL Polish Cancer), layering them over each other to create a shadow effect.
- To protect the design I used the Apipila Cosmeticos Smudge Free Nail Art Top Coat. I then added a glossy top coat, Vibrant Vinyls Fast & Hard Quick Dry Glossy Top Coat.
I am always happy for an excuse to use Cadillacquer Shape of Water. It’s such a pretty polish and a great way to celebrate Shark week!