Hey everyone! This month I am participating in the Whats Up Nails Nail Art Challenge. I’ve really enjoyed this challenge in the past because it prompts you to use different techniques, rather than following specific design prompts.
The second prompt was ombre stamping, where you use multiple stamping polishes in one design. Today I decided to do this with a coffee theme and a selection of bronzes.
- For this manicure, I started by applying a peel off base coat (UNT Ready for Takeoff).
- For the base shades I used two different shades of sparkly coffee brown (Painted Polish Cool Beans and KBShimmer Espresso Yourself). Because Espresso Yourself is a chunkier glitter I used a smoothing top coat (Glisten & Glow Glitter Grabber) before proceeding.
- For all the coffee designs I used the Maniology MXM030 Stamping Plate and the Whats Up Nails Jumbo Clear Stamper.
- For the base designs on all my nails I used three stamping polishes to create an ombre gradient: Hit the Bottle Calypso Gold, Bronzed Aussie and Espresso Martini.
- I then reverse stamped a coffee cup from the same plate with a black stamping polish (Whats Up Nails Neither Noir) and filled it in with white (China Glaze White on White). Once it was completely dry I transferred it to my middle finger nail.
- To protect the design I used the Apipila Cosmeticos Smudge Free Nail Art Top Coat. I then added a glossy top coat, Vibrant Vinyls Fast & Hard Quick Dry Glossy Top Coat.
I like the subtle gradient effect you get when using these three metallics in combination. I’ve been itching to do coffee nails for a while so I was glad to finally get a chance!