Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! For the last two weeks of February I am FINALLY getting to do some Valentine’s manicures, starting with this one. This time I kept it simple with an adorable polka dot heart design on a pink skittle mani.
- For this manicure, I started by applying a peel off base coat (UNT Ready for Takeoff).
- For the base I used three pink shades with holographic microflakes: ILNP CEO, Gumdrop and Summer Crush.
- To make clean up easier I applied a liquid latex to my cuticles (Edge Perfection Easy Peel Polish Barrier).
- For the polka dot hearts design I used the UberChic Beauty Love & Marriage 03 Stamping Plate.
- To stamp with a powder, I buffed the Rose Chrome Powder from Whats Up Nails with my finger on my Whats Up Nails Jumbo Clear Stamper. I then applied a white stamping polish (Whats Up Nails Blanc My Mind) to the stamping plate, scraped, and picked up the design with the stamper with the chrome powder and transferred directly to each nail.
- I then brushed off the excess powder from each nail with a soft brush. Sometimes it can take some time for all the powder to brush off, so be patient!
- To protect the design I used the Maniology Smudge Free Top Coat on top (Use code SUPERNOVA10 to save 10% off Maniology purchases (affiliate)). I then added a glossy top coat (Vibrant Vinyls Fast & Hard Quick Dry Glossy Top Coat).
Do you have any Valentine’s plans tonight? I’m going to be watching a movie on Netflix, virtually with all my friends back home! We have always had the tradition of doing something on Valentine’s Day, so it’s nice to continue that even though I live on the other side of the country now!