Happy Lunar New Year everyone! Since this year is the year of the Metal Ox I have an adorable ox manicure for you. I read that the colours white, silver and aqua blue bring prosperity, luck and health for the Metal Ox, so I used them as the colour scheme for this mani!
- For this manicure, I started by applying a peel off base coat (UNT Ready for Takeoff).
- For the base of the floral nails I used a light blue creme with blue specks (ILNP Starling), and for the ox nails I used a metallic aqua (KL Polish Pisces), topped with some blue glitter (Black Dahlia Lacquer Flotsam & Jetsam). Since the glitter nail was a bit textured, I used a smoothing top coat before moving on to the next step (Glisten and Glow Glitter Grabber).
- For all of the designs I used the Maniology M185 Lunar New Year: Year of the Ox Stamping Plate with silver and black stamping polishes (Whats Up Nails Silver Ag-ent and Neither Noir) and the Whats Up Nails Jumbo Clear Stamper.
- First I reverse stamped the floral design on the plate with a green creme (Essie Mojito Madness) and two shades of pink (ILNP Gumdrop and CEO).
- While waiting for the designs to dry, I applied a liquid latex to my cuticles (Edge Perfection Easy Peel Polish Barrier). Once the design was dry I transferred it to the light blue nails.
- For the ox nails, I first direct stamped a silver design as the background. I then picked up a variety of the cute little ox designs with the black stamping polish and filled them in with white, grey and the same pink and blue polishes as above (China Glaze White on White, KL Polish Cancer, ILNP Gumdrop, ILNP CEO, KL Polish Pisces, KL Polish Winter is Coming). Once they were dry I transferred them to the blue glitter nails.
- To protect the design I used the Maniology Smudge Free Top Coat on top (Use code SUPERNOVA10 to save 10% off Maniology purchases (affiliate)). I then added a glossy top coat (Vibrant Vinyls Fast & Hard Quick Dry Glossy Top Coat).
Do you celebrate Lunar New Year? I have very fond memories of going to the Chinese New Year Dragon Dance when I was growing up. I’m not sure if anything would be happening here where I live now, even if it weren’t a pandemic!