Hello everyone! Lunar New Year is coming up and we are celebrating with some dim sum! I only wish it were the edible kind, but these adorable nails will just have to do!
- For this manicure, I started by applying a peel off base coat (UNT Ready for Takeoff).
- For the base I used a creamsicle orange crelly filled with yellow, orange, green and pink glitters (Painted Polish Creamsicle Comet). Since this shade is quite textured, I used a smoothing top coat before moving on to the next step (Glisten and Glow Glitter Grabber).
- For all of the designs I used the Maniology M176 Dim Sum: Happy Lil Dumpling with a black stamping polish (Whats Up Nails Neither Noir) and the Whats Up Nails Jumbo Clear Stamper.
- All of the designs were reverse stamped by filling in with various colours that you would see in dim sum like beiges, whites, yellows and oranges (Beyond the Nail 24 Karat Martini, Cirque Colors Linen, ILNP Overcoat, Zoya Leigh, ILNP Gumdrop, KL Polish Tropicana, KL Polish Aries) with a dotting tool.
- While waiting for the designs to dry, I applied a liquid latex to my cuticles (Edge Perfection Easy Peel Polish Barrier) and sticky base coat (Maniology Sticky Base Coat) to the nail to help transfer. I then transferred all of the designs to the nails.
- To protect the design I used the Maniology Smudge Free Top Coat on top (Use code SUPERNOVA10 to save 10% off Maniology purchases (affiliate)). I then added a glossy top coat (Vibrant Vinyls Fast & Hard Quick Dry Glossy Top Coat).
Do you celebrate Lunar New Year? I think I need to make some real dim sum happen!