Hi everyone! Today we are doing a deeper poppy manicure to recognize Remembrance Day. I’ve been loving playing with glossy and matte textures lately, so this mani continues that trend!
- For this manicure, I started by applying a peel off base coat (UNT Ready for Takeoff)
- For the base shade I used a variety of reds and black. I wanted the art in this design to be minimal with contrasts in texture, so I used a Zoya Pixi dust (Chyna), which gives you a sparkly matte look. I also used an oxblood shade for my glossy nails, Cirque Colors Rothko Red, that is supposed to be a thermal that changes to a crimson, but it turned out that this thermal was mostly dead, so it was just an oxblood! Haha, oh well. And of course black (China Glaze Liquid Leather) for the nail with art.
- To make the black nail matte, I first added a glossy top coat (Vibrant Vinyls Fast & Hard Pumpkin Spice Latte Quick Dry Glossy Top Coat) and then a matte top coat (Anchor & Heart Sea Glass Hazelnut Cat Matte Top Coat).
- To make clean up easier I applied a liquid latex to the cuticle around the black nail (Edge Perfection Easy Peel Polish Barrier).
- For the poppy design I used the Whats Up Nails B018 Fields of Flowers stamping plate. This plate doesn’t really have a poppy design, but what I used was close enough. I used a black stamping polish (Maniology Straight Up Black stamping polish) to pick up the design and reverse stamped, filling in the design with red sparkly polishes (Cirque Colors Garnet and Ruby) with a dotting tool.
- I knew that I was going to likely have trouble transferring the whole design, since I was stamping it on a matte nail. As predicted the filled in flowers did transfer, but the rest of the design didn’t, so I transferred the flowers and then stamped the same design on the nail again, without filling anything in.
- The last step was adding glossy top coat with a dotting tool exclusively over the flowers (Vibrant Vinyls Fast & Hard Pumpkin Spice Latte Quick Dry Glossy Top Coat).
How do you like the different textures in this mani?