Hey everyone! This month I am participating in the Glam Nails Challenge, which is a monthly nail art challenge. If you missed my last entries, you can check them out here.
One prompt that I missed and fully intended to do was the third one, Ghosts! So here we are! I decided to do this mani centered around Scofflaw’s September PPU contribution colour scheme, Ghouls Just Wanna Have Fun. I love the look of these ghosts in soft purples and greys. And look closely, because there is a thermal hidden in one of the ghosts on most nails!
- For this manicure, I started by applying a peel off base coat (UNT Ready for Takeoff)
- For the base polish I used a grey crelly polish with a variety of lilac, red and black glitters and microglitters (Scofflaw Ghouls Just Wanna Have Fun).
- Before applying designs to any of the nails, I used a thick top coat to smooth out some of the texture (American Classics Gelous Advanced Nail Gel Coat).
- I then reverse stamped a variety of ghost designs from the Maniology M056 Boo Ya: Ghosted stamping plate with a white stamping polish (Maniology Bam! White). I filled in all of the ghosts with a variety of lilac, pink, grey and sparkly topper polishes with a dotting tool (Fancy Gloss Cinder Rose (thermal), Cirque Colours A Fiori, China Glaze Fairy Dust, Fancy Gloss Witchcraft, Polished For Days Solasta, Potion Polish Inverness, Scofflaw Grey Goose, Cirque Colors Reflektor, By Dany Viana Zombie Rainbow, Cirque Colors Cloud Nine).
- Before applying the dried stamped designs to the nails, I used applied the Maniology Sticky Base Coat to each nail to help transfer. I then transferred each design.
- The “FaBOOlous” design was a direct transfer from the MoYou London Halloween 03 stamping plate. I LOVE this little saying! It’s one of the best ones I’ve seen on a plate.
- To protect the design I used the Maniology Smudge Free Top Coat on top (Use code SUPERNOVA10 to save 10% off Maniology purchases (affiliate)). I then added a glossy top coat (Vibrant Vinyls Fast & Hard Pumkpin Spice Latte Quick Dry Glossy Top Coat). The last step was a matte top coat (Anchor & Heart Sea Glass Hazelnut Cat Matte Top Coat).
I’m so happy I decided to go back and do this prompt. This ghost plate is one of my favourites so I was glad to use it again!