Hey everyone! This month I am participating in the Glam Nails Challenge, which is a monthly nail art challenge. If you missed my last entries, you can check them out here. I definitely meant to do more of the prompts this month, but with school ramping up I just didn’t have the energy or time.
The seventh prompt was bats, so I decided to do a grungy blue design with bats. I was mainly inspired by three of my polishes from September’s PPU, Cadillacquer Eerie, Noodles Straight Outta Salem and Nail Hoot Attack of the Holographic Bats. Eerie in particular is very cool because it is a black to aqua thermal!
- For this manicure, I started by applying a peel off base coat (UNT Ready for Takeoff)
- For the base I used a black to aqua blue thermal (Cadillacquer Eerie) and a dark, dusty teal filled with orange, black, gunmetal, and orange to green iridescent glitters (Noodles Straight Outta Salem). Using this thermal gave this mani another one of those peek-a-boo effects on some of the fingers.
- Before applying designs to any of the nails, I used a thick top coat to smooth out some of the texture (American Classics Gelous Advanced Nail Gel Coat), especially since the dusty teal is very textured with all those glitters.
- For my thumb, pointer and pinky fingers with the black to aqua thermal base, I used a night scene design with moons, clouds and bats from the MoYou London Halloween 03 stamping plate. I picked up the design with a black stamping polish (Maniology Straight Up Black) and the Whats Up Nails Jumbo Clear Stamper and transferred it directly onto the nail. Unfortunately, up close you can see some slight lines in the stamping and I’m not sure why this happened. But it isn’t noticeable in person.
- For the two fingers with the dusty teal I first brushed on a scattered holo glitter with mini holographic bat glitters (Nail Hoot Attack of the Holographic Bats). I then also stamped on some scattered black bats using the Maniology M071 Supernatural: The Spirit Speaks stamping plate.
- To protect the design I used the Maniology Smudge Free Top Coat on top (Use code SUPERNOVA10 to save 10% off Maniology purchases (affiliate)). I then added a glossy top coat (Vibrant Vinyls Fast & Hard Pumkpin Spice Latte Quick Dry Glossy Top Coat).
I’m really feeling these grungy blues and those holo bats! I can’t believe it’s almost Halloween!