Hey everyone! This month I am participating in the Glam Nails Challenge, which is a monthly nail art challenge. If you missed my last entry, you can check it out here.
The second prompt was black cat, so I decided to do a black cats at midnight design. I just got in my picks from the Femme Fatale Unrequited Love Collection and had to use Wrapped in a Cloud for this mani. This thermal shifts from a murky green/turquoise to a midnight blue, and is packed with tons of turquoise and green/blue iridescent microglitters.
- For this manicure, I started by applying a peel off base coat (UNT Ready for Takeoff)
- For the base I used a navy blue thermal, Femme Fatale Wrapped in a Cloud. I liked this shade for this design because I knew the black cats would be slightly obscured in the cold state, and more obvious in the warm state, giving you a bit of a peek-a-boo effect.
- To help the designs transfer I applied the Maniology Sticky Base Coat to my nails and let that dry a couple of minutes.
- I took the cat head design from the Maniology X MrsWhite8907 M006 Stamping Plate. This design was a little denser than I wanted, since I wanted the polish below to show through, so I stamped each cat head on individually with the Whats Up Nails Jumbo Clear Stamper and a black stamping polish (Maniology Straight Up Black).
- For the stars I used the Maniology M001 Stamping Plate and a gold stamping polish (Maniology It’s Lit), and again, transferred them on one by one.
- To protect the design I used the Maniology Smudge Free Top Coat on top (Use code SUPERNOVA10 to save 10% off Maniology purchases (affiliate)). I then added a glossy top coat (Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat).
It’s a simple design today! Have you started doing Halloween manis yet?