Hey everyone! This month I am participating in the Glam Nails Challenge, which is a monthly nail art challenge. I haven’t participated in… who knows how long. So I’m super excited to get back into it this month! I can already predict that I probably won’t do all of the prompts because I have my own agenda for the kinds of manis I want to do for Halloween. But I’ll probably do most of them!
Today we are starting off with some cute pumpkins with vines. I’ve had a lot of new polish shades enter my collection over the last couple of weeks, and two shades that I have been wanting to use together are ILNP Coffee Run and KBShimmer You Autumn Know. I think these shades balance each other out nicely because you have your neutral sparkle and your fun multicoloured crelly. I also just got a variety of the stamping polishes and plates from the MoYou Fall in Love collection, so what better opportunity to use those? I love that this isn’t necessarily a typical Fall or Halloween colour scheme, but it totally gives you those harvest feels. The last picture also shows it matte, which I think is pretty cute (although you know I’m a glossy bitch!).
- For this manicure, I started by applying a peel off base coat (UNT Ready for Takeoff)
- For the base of the vine nails I used a light taupe with a scattered holo sparkle (ILNP Coffee Run). The base of the pumpkin/gourd nails is KBShimmer You Autumn Know, a gorgeous white crelly with gold, orange and purple microbar and hex glitters in multiple sizes.
- To make clean up easier I applied a liquid latex to my cuticles (Edge Perfection Easy Peel Polish Barrier).
- For the vine designs I used the MoYou Fall in Love Collection 07 Stamping Plate with purple, blush, orange (MoYou Mulled Wine, Pink Clay and Mesa Sunrise) and shimmery taupe (Maniology Magic Hour) stamping polishes. I picked the designs mostly at random and stamped them on the taupe nails, slightly overlapping, with the Whats Up Nails Jumbo Clear Stamper.
- For the pumpkin nails I used the MoYou Fall in Love Collection 11 Stamping Plate. I first transferred a few small vines in the above mentioned colours onto the center of the nail, which ended up laying underneath the pumpkins. I used this plate (which isn’t shown in the video) because it has smaller vines in one of the designs, which was what I needed.
- I then reverse stamped a variety of pumpkins and gourds from the MoYou Fall in Love Collection 11 Stamping Plate using a black stamping polish (Maniology Straight Up Black). I filled them in with the same shades from the vines using a small dotting tool.
- To help the design transfer I applied the Maniology Sticky Base Coat to my crelly nails, let that dry a couple of minutes, and then transferred the pumpkins and gourds, layering them on the center of the crelly nail so they looked to be in a little pile.
- To protect the design I used the Maniology Smudge Free Top Coat on top (Use code SUPERNOVA10 to save 10% off Maniology purchases (affiliate)). I then added a glossy top coat (Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat).
What Fall colours or designs have you been wearing on your nails lately?