Hey everyone! Today I am bringing you a classic plaid mani with a twist. I have been wanting to do plaid for a while, for obvious reasons. I think plaid looks extra good matte, so for once I have actually done a matte mani! The exception is that I have added a glossy leaf to each matte nail. I love the contrast of matte and glossy, especially when the glossy leaf is sparkly!
- For this manicure, I started by applying a peel off base coat (UNT Ready for Takeoff)
- For the base I used a light-medium grey creme (KL Polish Cancer). I then swiped on two different shades of grungy/mustard yellow (KL Polish Caramello and Cirque Colors Urbanized) in different areas on each nail.
- To make clean up easier I applied a liquid latex to my cuticles (Edge Perfection Easy Peel Polish Barrier).
- Because the plaid design has so many little pieces to it, and it takes time to make sure everything is lined up perfectly, I decided to first add a sticky base coat to my nails to help transfer (Maniology Sticky Base Coat). This isn’t usually something I would do when direct stamping, but for this particular pattern it really does help if you want to take your time.
- Using the UberChic Beauty Pretty in Plaid stamping plate, I stamped on a layerable plaid design, first with white and then black stamping polishes (Maniology Bam! White and Straight Up Black), using the Whats Up Nails Jumbo Clear Stamper.
- To protect the plaid design, which I have found to be extremely smudge-able in the past, I used the Maniology Smudge Free Top Coat on top. I then added a matte top coat (Anchor & Heart Sea Glass Matte Top Coat).
- To create the little sparkly leaves I reverse stamped various leaf sizes and styles from the Whats Up Nails B033 Does It Look Like I Give a Fall stamping plate with a black stamping polish. I filled in the leaves with a holo yellow jelly (Cirque Colors Citrine, a serious favourite of mine!) with the UberChic Detail Nail Art Brush. After they had dried I applied them to the nail .
- I finished off the mani by applying the Maniology Smudge Free Top Coat (Use code SUPERNOVA10 to save 10% off Maniology purchases (affiliate)) to just the leaves using a dotting tool.
What Fall colours or designs have you been wearing on your nails lately?