Hey everyone! Today I am bringing you my first mani with some polishes from my April PPU haul. I knew from the start I wanted to use Ellagee’s Reef Dancers as a topper on another polish, and a mermaid look with Dreamland Flamingo Ringo came to mind. It has a pretty pink to green shift to it, much like a mermaid’s tail might have!
- For this manicure, I started by applying a peel off base coat (UNT Ready for Takeoff)
- I started out with a shifty metallic blue (Dreamland Flamingo Ringo) as my base for all but one of my nails. For the other I used a sheer light pink jelly (Cirque Colors Chiffon).
- I topped my thumb, pointer and pinky fingers with a multicoloured glitter topper, Ellagee Reef Dancers. This topper is extra special because it has small holographic dolphins in it!
- I then applied a liquid latex (Edge Perfection Easy Peel Polish Barrier) around the cuticle of my middle finger and stamped on a mermaid scale design from the Maniology X twi_star (BM-XL211) Stamping Plate with a white stamping polish (Maniology Bam! White) and the What’s Up Nails Jumbo Clear Stamper.
- Lastly, I picked up a mermaid tail design from the Maniology MXM007 Stamping Plate, again with a white stamping polish. This time I filled in the tail with the same blue polish from earlier using the UberChic Detail Nail Art Brush and let that dry.
- To help ensure transfer, I applied the Maniology Sticky Base Coat to my sheer pink nail and let that dry for 2-3 minutes. I then transferred the mermaid tail design onto the nail.
- I finished off the mani by applying the Maniology No Smudge Nail Polish Top Coat (Use code SUPERNOVA10 to save 10% off Maniology purchases (affiliate)), followed by a glossy top coat (SuperChic Marvel Liquid Macro Top Coat).