Hey everyone! I’m back with another entry for the Whats Up Nails Nail Art Challenge.
The second prompt was reverse stamping, which is the technique I use the most for my nail art. Reverse stamping is when you pick up a design from a stamping plate with a stamper, and before transferring it to your nails, you first colour in the design with other nail polishes directly on the stamper head. After allowing that to dry, you can then transfer the design onto your nails! I have found that this is the best way to get professional-looking nail art.
This is the perfect opportunity to continue on with another Spring mani, this time featuring florals.
- For this manicure, I started by applying my favourite base coat, Orly Bonder, to all of my nails.
- First, I painted all of my nails but my ring finger a robin’s egg blue. Starling from ILNP is especially special because it has blue metallic specks in it. I painted my remaining nail a sheer peach with gold flakes (Cirque Colors Pink Lemonade).
- For my thumb, pointer and pinky fingers I used a variety of small floral designs from the Maniology MXM025 Stamping Plate using a white stamping polish (Maniology Bam! White). After picking up the designs with the Whats Up Nails Jumbo Clear Stamper I filled them in with a variety of pink polishes (Fingerpaints Pink Imagination, KL Polish Gum Would Be Perfection and China Glaze Moment in the Sunset) using the UberChic Beauty Detail Nail Art Brush. After letting the designs dry and applying the Maniology Sticky Base Coat to my nails, I transferred the designs one by one around the perimeter of each nail.
- For the middle finger I picked up a similar linear floral design and filled it in with the same polishes listed above, with the addition of a green for the leaves (ILNP Dew Drop). Following the same steps above I transferred it to my nail.
- Lastly, the design for the ring finger was found on the Maniology MXM026 Stamping Plate. Again, I filled in the design with all the same polishes mentioned above and transferred it to my nail.
- I finished off the mani by applying the Maniology No Smudge Nail Polish Top Coat (Use code SUPERNOVA10 to save 10% off Maniology purchases (affiliate)), followed by my regular glossy top coat (Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat).
Watch my video tutorial below to see how it was done!