Hey everyone. Well it’s bird watching season, and I’m starting it off with this adorable bird mani. I’m not kidding, I am an actual bird watcher, so I was thrilled when I came across this very detailed bird layering plate from Clear Jelly Stamper! Never have I layered so much for a mani! This was also the perfect chance to feature a new polish to my collection, a black-speckled robin’s egg blue polish from Cirque Colors, Robin.
- For this manicure, I started by applying my favourite base coat, Orly Bonder, to all of my nails.
- For my base shade, I painted all of my nails a speckled blue, Cirque Colors Robin.
- For all of the bird designs I used the Clear Jelly Stamper Itty Bitty Birds CjS-30 stamping plate. When you are using layering designs like this you definitely want to use a clear stamper, and my favourite is the What’s Up Nails Jumbo Clear Jelly Stamper.
- For all of the birds I used a random selection of brown, white, black, red and blue stamping polishes (Maniology Annato Clay, Bam! White, Straight Up Black, Red Hot and Harlequin stamping polishes) to create what I felt like realistic colourations for birds. I didn’t go for 100% accurate because I wasn’t entirely sure what the different species were intended to be on the plate.
- I finished off the mani by applying the Maniology No Smudge Nail Polish Top Coat (Use code SUPERNOVA10 to save 10% off Maniology purchases (affiliate)), followed by my regular glossy top coat (Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat).
Are you a bird watcher? Which bird is your favourite?
Watch my video tutorial below to see how it was done!