Here comes the Easter bunny! Happy Easter everyone! Every time I say “happy something” I re-think it, but we have to take our small pleasures where we can. For me its nails and makeup and I fully intend to keep finding joy in those things.
So, this time around, I have a cute little Easter mani for you. I have always thought of purple and yellow as the epitome of Easter colours, but this time we are throwing a little pink in there too. This mani also features one of my newest purchases, Polished for Days Colors of the Wind, which is a stunning purple jelly with pinky orange to green shifting flakies. Overall, the purple and pastel feels of this mani are perfect for me right now!
- For this manicure, I started by applying my favourite base coat, Orly Bonder, to all of my nails.
- For my base shades I used the gorgeous Polished for Days Colors of the Wind on my thumb, pointer and pinky fingers. On my middle finger I used a pale lavender creme (Cirque Colors A Fiori) and on my ring finger a white creme (China Glaze White on White).
- To make clean up easier I applied a liquid latex to my middle and ring finger cuticles (Edge Perfection Easy Peel Nail Polish Barrier). Using the UberChic Beauty Pretty in Plaid stamping plate and a white stamping polish (Maniology Bam! White Stamping Polish), I transferred a plaid design onto my middle finger.
- To create a pastel water colour design on my ring finger, I dropped small amounts of white, lavender, light yellow and light pink (China Glaze White on White, Cirque Colors A Fiori, Sally Hansen Mellow Yellow and China Glaze Spring in My Step) on a nail art mat (UberChic Beauty Mini Uber Mat) in a sort of puddle. I then briefly swirled the shades together. I then pressed the What’s Up Nails Jumbo Clear Jelly Stamper into the puddle and let the resulting design dry before applying it to my ring finger.
- Just before applying the watercolour decal to my nail I also applied the Maniology Sticky Base Coat to the nail to ensure the design transferred properly. I always let this dry a few minutes and then go ahead and stamp the design!
- For the two little bunny rabbits I reverse stamped using the Clear Jelly Stamper Peter Cottontail’s Easter Eggs H-02 Stamping Plate with a black stamping polish (Maniology Straight Up Black). I then filled in the designs with the UberChic Beauty Detail Nail Art brush and white and light pink polishes (China Glaze White on White and China Glaze Spring in My Step).
- I finished off the mani by applying the Maniology No Smudge Nail Polish Top Coat (Use code SUPERNOVA10 to save 10% off Maniology purchases (affiliate)), followed by my regular glossy top coat (Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat).
Well if this mani doesn’t get you in the mood for Easter, I’m not sure what will! I hope you are enjoying your day and are getting to connect with family in one way or another.
Watch my video tutorial below to see how it was done!