Hey everyone! Spring has sprung and animals are finally coming out of hibernation. To celebrate this I have created this adorable woodland critters mani featuring hedgehogs and foxes. Too cute!
- For this manicure, I started by applying my favourite base coat, Orly Bonder, to all of my nails.
- For my base shade I decided to feature a new colour in my collection, Pistachio from the Cirque Colors Still Life Collection. This is a stunning pistachio green with black speckles. I thought this was a nice background for a forest-themed mani.
- For all of the designs I reverse stamped using a black stamping polish (Maniology Straight Up Black) and the What’s Up Nails B021 Autumn Tales stamping plate. This is technically a Fall plate, but it has tons of cute designs that work for the Spring as well. I chose the hedgehog, fox and one of the leaf designs for this look. My favourite stamper is the What’s Up Nails Jumbo Clear Jelly Stamper.
- I filled in all of the designs with the UberChic Beauty Detail Nail Art brush. The hedgehogs were filled in with gold (Cirque Colors 24K Affair), all leaves were filled in with a sparkly green (Cirque Colors Peridot), and the foxes were filled in with white and a sparkly orange (Maniology Bam! White stamping polish and Zoya Amy).
- To make clean up easier I applied a liquid latex to my cuticles (Edge Perfection Easy Peel Nail Polish Barrier). Just before applying the designs to my nails (after making sure they were dry to the touch) I also applied the Maniology Sticky Base Coat to ensure the designs transferred properly. I always let this dry a few minutes and then go ahead and stamp the design!
- To add a little something to the thumb and pinky nails, I applied a small gold triangle stud near the cuticle simply by applying a small amount of top coat to that area. The studs I have are all from La Paloma Boutique.
- I finished off the mani by applying the Maniology No Smudge Nail Polish Top Coat (Use code SUPERNOVA10 to save 10% off Maniology purchases (affiliate)), followed by my regular glossy top coat (Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat).
Now, I wish we as humans could come out of our quarantine hibernation, but for now these cute little animals will have to suffice!
Watch my video tutorial below to see how it was done!