Hey everyone, today I am bringing you a Pantone Color of the Year-inspired mani! This year’s colour is Classic Blue. While at first when this was announced I felt kind of meh, now, it seems strangely timely.
“Imprinted in our psyches as a restful color, PANTONE 19-4052 Classic Blue brings a sense of peace and tranquility to the human spirit, offering refuge.”
I think we can all use a bit of calm and tranquility right now, don’t you? So today’s mani features a variety of blues.
- For this manicure, I started by applying my favourite base coat, Orly Bonder, to all of my nails.
- For my base shades I painted all of my fingers a variety of blue shades (Born Pretty Store BP-BW03, China Glaze Boho Blues and Maniology Doll Dance Stamping Polish), except for my ring finger, which I painted a sheer nude (Zoya Naked Manicure Tip Perfector).
- I then used the What’s Up Nails A003 Paisley Buffet stamping plate to reverse stamp designs onto each finger. This plate has a ton of variety so it is really nice for doing multiple nails with slightly different designs. To pick up the designs I used the Born Pretty Store BP-BW03 stamping polish and filled them in at random with many blue polishes (China Glaze Boho Blues and Maniology Doll Dance Stamping Polish, KL Polish Porter Miami). My favourite stamper is the What’s Up Nails Jumbo Clear Jelly Stamper. To fill in the designs I used the UberChic Beauty Detail Nail Art brush.
- To make clean up easier I applied a liquid latex to my cuticles (Edge Perfection Easy Peel Nail Polish Barrier). Just before applying the designs to my nails (after making sure they were dry to the touch) I also applied the Maniology Sticky Base coat to ensure the designs transferred properly. I always let this dry a few minutes and then go ahead and stamp the design!
- I finished off the mani by applying the Maniology No Smudge Nail Polish Top Coat (Use code SUPERNOVA10 to save 10% off Maniology purchases (affiliate)), followed by my regular glossy top coat (Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat). Then to matte things up I used the Orly Matte Top.
I don’t know about you, but creating this mani has certainly made me feel a little calmer!
Watch my video tutorial below to see how it was done!