Hey everyone! Now is the time I have been waiting for: time to unleash all the Fall manis! And I’m starting things off with one of my favourite things about Fall: the changing leaves. I don’t know about where you live, but I’ve already seen some changing in my town!
- For this manicure, I started by applying my favourite base coat, Orly Bonder, to all of my nails.
- For the base colours of this mani, I used a variety of Fall shades to represent the different colours of changing leaves: greens, yellow and orange (Cirque Colors Bowery, Urbanized, Beatnik, Wall St.).
- To minimize clean up from stamping, I applied a liquid latex around my cuticles. Right now I’m really enjoying the Edge Perfection Easy Peel Polish Barrier.
- For the different leaf patterns I did reverse stamping with two stamping plates, What’s Up Nails B021 Autumn Tales and UberChic Beauty Lovely Leaves 3. What reverse stamping means is that you transfer the pattern from the plate onto your stamper with a polish shade that you want to be your outline, and then you fill in the design with different polish colours directly on the stamper. After that has dried, you can then stamp the whole pattern onto your nail.
- I first applied a white stamping polish (Born Pretty Store #4) to the plates, scraped off the excess, and transferred the design onto a XL clear jelly stamper. I then filled in the leaves with two different sparkly shades of polish using a small detail brush. On the orange and yellow nails, I used leaf patterns that had red and yellow leaves (Cirque Colors Ruby and Citrine), and on the green nails I used leaf patterns that had yellow and green leaves (Cirque Colors Citrine and Peridot). I then allowed the designs to dry down.
- Before applying the reverse stamped leaves, I applied another coat of base coat on each nail and allowed it to dry for a minute or two. This made the nail slightly tacky, so that the leaves would transfer better. I then transferred all of the designs to my nails!
- I finished off the mani by applying the Maniology No Smudge Nail Polish Top Coat (Use code SUPERNOVA10 to save 10% off Maniology purchases (affiliate)), followed by my regular glossy top coat (Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat).
Yum yum, who doesn’t love a good Fall mani? I think this was the perfect way to kick off my favourite season!
Watch my video tutorial below to see how it was done!