Hello everyone! Today I am featuring my first Winter-dedicated mani, a frosty scene featuring icy birch trees.
I recently ordered a huge amount of the Cirque Colors shimmer polishes, so I am excited to feature one of them today, the shade Hygge. The Cirque Colors shimmer polishes are my absolute favourite right now. They all have such unique and beautiful duochrome shifts, and the added holographic sparkle makes them a step above the rest. Hygge is a light blue with a copper shimmer that I thought would pair perfectly with some frozen birch trees from the Uber Chic Lovely Leaves 3 stamping plate!
- For this manicure, I started by applying my favourite base coat, Orly Bonder, to all of my nails.
- I painted all of my nails with a light blue (Cirque Colors Hygge as previously mentioned. For this shade I used three coats to really make sure I got full opacity. Not all of their shimmers require three coats, just so you know.)
- To minimize clean up, I applied a liquid latex around my middle and ring finger cuticles. Right now I’m really enjoying the Edge Perfection Easy Peel Polish Barrier.
- I then used the Uber Chic Beauty Lovely Leaves 3 Stamping plate to transfer this layerable birch tree design. The birch trees design is fun as it allows you to add different coloured elements one at a time. First I stamped on the white bases of the trees with the Konad White stamping polish, then I added in the black outlines with the Konad Black stamping polish. You can also add different coloured leaves from this plate, but I wanted these birch trees to be bare and winter-y. I did this all with the Uber Chic Beauty XL clear jelly stamper.
- I then applied the Maniology No Smudge Nail Polish Top Coat to the nails with a stamped design. After that dried I then applied my regular glossy top coat to all of my nails (Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat).
I love that the simplicity of this manicure allows the nail polish shade and the birch trees design to really shine! I have already been craving pastel shades, so we will see how long I stay on Winter designs!
What have you been wearing on your nails lately?