Hello everyone! Happy New Years Eve!
Today I wanted to share with you my mani that I am wearing to my New Years Eve party tonight. Tonight I am attending a party at a hotel that is themed “Old Hollywood”. To me that can mean anything from the 1920’s to the 1950’s, so I decided to go with this Great Gatsby-ish design (from the 2013 movie). For this party I’m not going to be going all out with dressing up like I did for Halloween in my 1920’s Flapper costume with era-appropriate makeup and nails, but I might as well go all out on my nails!
- For this manicure, I started by applying my favourite base coat, Orly Bonder, to all of my nails.
- I painted all of my nails with a black polish (China Glaze Liquid Leather), except for my middle nail, which I painted gold metallic (Nina Ultra Pro Big Spender). I topped off that nail with a gold holo glitter polish (KL Polish Casino Night).
- To minimize clean up, I applied a liquid latex around all of my cuticles. Right now I’m really enjoying the Edge Perfection Easy Peel Polish Barrier.
- I then used the Uber Chic Beauty Art Deco Flair Stamping plate to transfer all of these designs. This stamping plate includes so many fun geometric designs that can be very versatile. I used the Konad Black stamping polish, as well as the gold metallic that I used on my middle finger, with an XL clear jelly stamper.
- I then applied a top coat to all of my nails (Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat).
Wasn’t that easy? All of the designs I used on this plate picked up fairly well and transferred easily. It’s crazy how professional looking the results can be when using a stamping plate. I couldn’t be happier that I have gotten into stamping!
What are your plans for New Years Eve? Are you dressing up?
Happy New Year!