Hello everyone! Today I have another eye look that was inspired from Cleia I’s beauty challenge on instagram, the 12 Days of Instagramas. For Day 11 the prompt was “You’re a mean one, Mr. Grinch”, so it was a no brainer for me to create an intense green smokey eye, and why not throw in some glitter?
I created this look using the reverse blending method with my eyeshadow primer left tacky. I like to use the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer as my primer.
- I first applied a matte deep emerald green (“Corduroy” from the Makeup Revolution Emily Edit The Wants Eyeshadow Palette) to the lowest parts of the outer corner with a Hakuhodo J146. I first packed on this shade, and then I started softly blending it out and into the rest of the crease. I really took my time with this, using small amounts of product since I hadn’t used this shade before and I wasn’t sure how easy it would be to blend.
- To help blending the upper edges I added a neutral/slightly warm brown matte (“Midwest” from the Makeup Revolution Emily Edit The Wants Eyeshadow Palette) to the upper periphery of the green in the crease.
- I then continued to slowly blend the green in the crease upwards, using small amounts of shadow. To finish off the blend I switched between the Hakuhodo B142 and the Hakuhodo J5522.
- After cutting the crease with a white concealer, I applied an emerald metallic to the lid (“Supernova” from the Pat McGrath MTHRSHP Sublime Bronze Temptation Palette).
- To add an extra sparkle, I applied some glitter primer to my lid (NYX Glitter Glue) and pressed some green and iridescent glitter on my lid (“Emerald Envy” from the Sephora Glitter Pots Set).
- For the lower lash line I applied the matte brown along the length, and then the emerald green matte closer to the lash line, blending it lower near the outer corner.
- Lastly I applied a bright white/gold highlighter (ABH Sugar Glow Kit “Marshmallow”) to the inner corner and brow bone, and added some iridescent glitter to the inner corner (Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner “Pryo”).
To finish off the look I applied the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in “Black Bean” to the waterline and applied the Ardell Faux Mink 811 lashes.
This is definitely the most intense green look I have ever created, and I love it! It was perhaps a little extra for my hair appointment today, but it’s Christmas, AMR?! If you can’t wear looks like this now, when can you?
What makeup are you planning to wear for Christmas?