Hello everyone! How have you been this December? Things are so crazy and busy these days, I almost can’t wait for it to all be over, or at least for Christmas to be here so I can at least have a day to relax. Despite the busyness, I hope you are all making time to see family and friends!
If you don’t already know, Cleia from Always Cleia and I are hosting a beauty challenge on instagram called the 12 Days of Instagramas. For this challenge, one of the prompts is blue & silver, and I knew from the beginning I wanted to create an eye look for that prompt. During the holidays I’m usually more drawn to classic Christmas colours when doing a glam eye look, but blue and silver can be equally as festive I think.
For this eye look I didn’t use any one palette, and I think for the most part it doesn’t even matter which products I used. You can very likely create this look with any similar shades that you might have in your collection!
I created this look using the reverse blending method with my eyeshadow primer left tacky. I like to use the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer as my primer.
- I first applied an indigo blue matte (“Chris” from the Sephora PRO Editorial Eyeshadow Palette) to the lowest parts of the outer corner with a Hakuhodo J146. I mainly packed on this shade, with very little blending.
- I then blended out the upper edges with a lighter grey/taupe (“Trending Now” from the Stilazzi Stellar Eyeshadow Palette) with a Hakuhodo B142.
- I then deepened the outer corner and crease with a black matte (“Smoked Out” from the Stilazzi Stellar Eyeshadow Palette) to make the indigo more of a navy shade with a Hakuhodo J146.
- After cutting the crease with a white concealer, I applied a silver metallic to the lid (“Glamrock” from the Urban Decay Heavy Metals Metallic Eyeshadow Palette).
- To add an extra sparkle, I then layered a glittery silver liquid eyeshadow over the silver metallic shadow and added it to the inner corner (Stila Glitter & Glow “Diamond Dust”).
- Lastly, I smoked out the lower lash line with the same matte shadows: the grey on the whole lash line and the navy and black on the outer part.
To finish off the look I applied the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in “Black Bean” to the waterline and applied the Ardell Faux Mink 811 lashes.
Overall, I am totally in love with how this look turned out! I haven’t played with any blue eyeshadows since my total obsession this summer, and this look turned out so pretty and was actual semi-wearable. Dramatic but still festive for the holidays!
What are your favourite eyeshadow shades for a festive look? Do you prefer more glam eyes or a bold lip?