Hello everyone! I’m posting this Eye Look of the Week a bit later than usual. Mainly because I was out of town and incredibly busy all weekend and Monday. I also feel like I am getting sick today, which sucks! I haven’t have a cold in almost two years, so I know I have been lucky. But I’m still hoping this will blow over in a day or two.
For today’s Eye Look of the Week we are back to the Colourpop Good Sport eyeshadow palette. This has been the palette I have been picking up the most lately. The colour selection is just so unique and fun to play with!
To accomplish this look I used the following shades:
- I started off the crease and lower lash line with Sista. This is a medium purple matte that has pretty good pigmentation. It built up well in the crease and I didn’t experience any skipping.
- I blended out the outer border of Sista with High Hopes. Although Sista blended well, I had a feeling I wasn’t going to get the cleanest fade without a little help. High Hopes is a really great warm brown that blends perfectly, and it really made the crease come together well.
- I then attempted to deepen the outer corner with Flow. Which did not work. I’m not sure which shadow is to blame, but Flow just would not build on top of Sista. This is a semi-common problem with some deeper shadows, that can easily be solved by using a tacky base and the reverse blending method, so I will try that next time.
- I further attempted to deepen the outer corner with Reckless, which also didn’t work. This makes me think the problem is Sista and not these deeper shades, since Reckless has worked perfectly fine in my other looks. I also noticed that after trying to add these shades into the outer corner that a lighter patch started to develop over Sista, so clearly you should be careful to not overblend Sista, otherwise it might become patchy.
- I cut the crease with a white concealer and applied the shade Wild Out to the inner corner and lid. This is a classic champagne shade that was just as smooth as the other metallics in this palette.
To finish off the look I applied the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in the shade “Rockstar” to the water line
I will be posting a full review of this palette soon! So far, it is still my favourite Colourpop eyeshadow palette, despite my deepening problems with this look. Overall, the look still turned out! I just would have preferred the outer corner to have more depth.
Do you have this palette? What is your favourite Colourpop eyeshadow palette?