Hello everyone! For this week’s Eye Look of the Week, I thought why not do something a little different? So, I decided to do a Palette Bingo with the new Makeup Revolution collaboration with Emily Noel, a popular and OG beauty Youtuber. Emily has collaborated to create two different palettes, The Needs which is a face palette, and The Wants, which is a 24-shade eyeshadow palette. I decided to purchase The Wants, and it is gorgeous!
This palette is absolutely huge, which doesn’t usually attract me. However, Emily still managed to make the colour selection really nuanced and curated, leaning more heavily towards the pinks, purples and greens, with some neutrals to make any look work.
For this Palette Bingo, I decided I would create a look with 5 shades that were chosen using a random number generator. To do this, I simply used the Google random number generator and set the range to be 1-24, numbering the shades across the rows from left to right (ex. The Cream is #1, Midwest is #7). You can see below which random numbers were generated, and below that which shades were chosen!
As you can see, quite a few deeper shades were chosen, and they were all very close together in number! Sometimes I wonder about these “random” number generators. Regardless, I think I was pretty lucky to have chosen quite a few shades that work together really well, and have similar undertones. Because the majority of the shades that were chosen were deeper, I decided to just go for it and do a darker smokier look. Perfect for the start of Fall right?
To accomplish this look I used the following shades:
- I started off the crease with Cheer, building it up slowly and adding most of the depth and pigment to the outer corner. For this look I decided to bring the shadow out further than normal, to give a more elongated look. This shade wasn’t in your face pigmented (and Emily Noel mentioned that she didn’t want the shades to be crazy pigmented so that they would be easier to work work, so this makes sense), but built up really well.
- I cut the crease on the inner half of my lid with a white concealer and applied the shade Cupcake with my finger and a brush. This is a very pretty pink shimmer that applied fairly easily and had a nice sheen. I then blended Cheer over the transition between Cupcake and the outer corner on the lid to give a soft gradient between the two shades.
- To deepen the outer corners, I used Family precisely in the outer V. I also added Family to the outer half of the lower lash line. This purple added some nice depth to the look and I loved how it turned the tone of the look slightly more purple.
- I further deepened the outer corners with Pi Phi. Again, this shade definitely helped add depth to the look and acted as a nice transition between Family and Cheer in the outer corner.
- I then applied Apartment to the inner half of the lower lash line to complete the look.
To finish off the look I applied the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in the shade “Perversion” to the water line and the Ardell Faux Mink 811 lashes.
Overall, I think that this Palette Bingo turned out really well and it was a lot of fun to create such a vampy look after a summer full of bright and colourful shadows. I have created three looks with this palette so far, and I am impressed with the quality, given that the price is so affordable! Definitely make sure that you check it out!
Do you watch Emily Noel? Have you tried Makeup Revolution products before? Let us know in the comments below!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.