Hello everyone! I’m here today to start a new makeup challenge, inspired by the Kathleen Lights X Colourpop The Zodiac Shadow Palette. When I heard that this palette was coming out, I couldn’t help but be excited. I’m not exactly an astrology buff, but let’s not pretend like people aren’t total suckers for zodiac sign paraphernalia. And I’m one of them.
Astrology is something that I have often been curious to learn more about, especially after becoming an avid Kathleen Lights viewer! She is absolutely obsessed and mentions it so often that it makes me want to learn more too. Her passion for astrology is clear, given that she has now collaborated with Colourpop to bring us the Zodiac Collection. This collection includes an eyeshadow palette, two liquid eyeshadows, two cream highlighters, and two lipsticks. Today, we will be focusing on the eyeshadow palette. So let’s get to the premise of this Zodiac Eyeshadow Challenge that I am creating!
So far, I have seen so many people be creative with this eyeshadow palette! The colour selection is not exactly typical for a palette, and some have complained at its lack of cohesiveness. BUT, there are so many wonderful and unique ways to group shades in this palette. What I thought would be fun would be to create the ultimate eyeshadow look that describes your whole personality and being through zodiac signs….
Within astrology there are three main signs that are considered to be the most important for describing who you are: your Sun sign, Moon sign and Ascendant or rising sign. While your Sun sign determines your basic ego, self image and personality, your Moon sign determines your inner emotions, intuitions, feelings, thoughts and instincts. Finally, your Ascendant sign determines how the world sees and perceives you.
Depending on when and where you were born, most people will have a unique combination of Sun, Moon and Ascendant signs. So why not create a eye look based off of that with THE Zodiac palette! So many people have begun to do fun challenges like eyeshadow bingo these days. Why not let your zodiac signs determine your eye look?
It is really quite easy to find out your Sun, Moon and Ascendant signs. You can just google Astrology Birth Chart. I like to use this website because it gives you very detailed explanations and it is easy to fill out. Simply fill in your name, date of birth, time of birth, and location of birth. It is important to know the time of birth if possible. Then click ok! What will be generated is a very long report, and feel free to peruse it at length. However, all you need for this challenge is the initial table that it generates.
Below is what my birth chart looks like. As you can see my Sun sign is Sagittarius, my Moon sign is Cancer, and my Ascendant is Leo. If you want more information about what this all means, scroll down to the explanations in your report that was generated. But for now, we have the signs, and therefore the shades that should make up your look!
So the shades that I had to use for my look in this Zodiac Eyeshadow Challenge were:
- The Sagittarius (my sun sign): “Up for an adventure? Try this matte magenta purple.”
- The Cancer (my moon sign): “This soft peachy pink with a golden sheen feels like home.”
- The Leo (my ascendant): “This soft coral with a gold flip is sure to grab your attention.”
Feel free while doing this challenge to use whatever other shades you need to to make the look work. The point is to make the three shades that are your zodiac signs the stars of the show (pun intended)!
Nova’s Zodiac Eye Look: The Sagittarius, The Cancer and The Leo
Let’s go through how I created this look!
- I started the crease with The Libra, a matte dusty rose. This shade built nicely and is the perfect transition for a more purple look.
- I introduced The Sagittarius to the outer corner and brought it into the crease gradually, building it up slowly. This matte purple had a decent amount of pigmentation and blended pretty nicely (way better than Natasha Denona earlier this week *rolls eyes*). I also added this shade to the lower lash line.
- I cut the crease with white concealer, and pressed The Cancer onto the inner half of the lid with my finger and a packing brush. This is a more flaky pink metallic, but it adhered to the concealer well.
- I then pressed The Leo onto the center of the lid. This is such a gorgeous and reflective peachy gold that was smoother than The Cancer.
- I then blended the outer corner transition with more of The Sagittarius and some of The Virgo to deepen.
- To finish off the look I added The Cancer to the inner corner.
And that is my full, personalized Zodiac look!
Overall, I think that this is a fun challenge idea and I encourage you all to do it! Even if you don’t have this palette, maybe you have similar shades in your collection! Or, you can even just use shades that you feel really exemplify your three zodiac signs. It is entirely flexible. The point is to join in and have fun!
Did you purchase the Kathleen Lights X Colourpop The Zodiac Palette? What three signs will make up your ultimate eye look that describes you?
Please tag me in whatever pictures or blog posts that you post and don’t forget to use the hashtag #SNBZodiacEyeshadowChallenge! I can’t wait to see what you come up with!