Hello everyone! This week’s Eye Look of the Week is from the Make Up For Ever Artist Palette Volume 3 Florals! This is a palette that I bought on sale probably about a year ago, and it has since been phased out of their line. However, you can still purchase some, if not all, of the shadows in this palette as singles.
Because this is an all satin/shimmer/metallic palette, I wasn’t sure how much use I would get out of it. However, there are some really great unique shades in this palette that make it worth it. The look that I am featuring this week is not a new one, and I have certainly featured it on my instagram a few times. I just love it so much! The tropical-ness is real!
To accomplish this look I used the following shades:
The matte shadows that I used to accompany the shimmers came from the Tarte Clay Play Vol. 1.
- Starting with the Tarte Clay Play Vol 1, I applied Journey throughout the crease to lay down a light transition.
- I added Ember to the outer corner, dragging it into the crease to warm up the look slightly.
- Lastly, I added Timber to the outer corner to add a bit of depth to the look.
- Moving on to the Makeup Up For Ever Artist Palette Volume 3 Florals, I applied a white concealer to the lid to cut the crease and pressed on Blue Lagoon to the center region of my lid. This shade is absolutely the star of the show in this palette. The shade of blue and the microglitter just make it so gorgeous! I also applied this shade to my lower lash line precisely.
- I pressed Peacock Blue onto the outer third of the lid and blended it into the outer corner slightly. This shade added some nice depth to the look but wasn’t nearly as spectacular as Blue Lagoon.
- I added Straw Yellow to the inner corner to add a pop of brightness. I just love the yellow and blue combination! Unfortunately this yellow doesn’t perform the best. It seems to crack/crease quite a bit with wear, which is strange. But luckily it isn’t that noticeable on the inner corner.
- I finished off the look by adding the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in the shade “Deep End” to the waterline.
Overall, this is absolutely my favourite look for the summer. So fresh!
What colours should I feature in my next eye look of the week?