Hello everyone! This week’s Eye Look of the Week is from the Alamar Cosmetics Reina del Caribe Vol. 1 Eyeshadow Palette! When I saw that this palette was being included in June’s BoxyCharm, I almost re-subscribed just for this month. However, people in my community are constantly selling BoxyCharm products, so I had a feeling that I would be able to get my hands on this for a good price. And lucky me, I did!
Honestly, this palette is so stunning. Alamar Cosmetics is a brand new company, so I am so impressed that she was able to get her palette included in a BoxyCharm. I think that that was a very smart decision, and a great way to get a new company’s name out there.
The tropical vibes in the Reina del Caribe Vol. 1 Eyeshadow Palette are truly contagious. The shades chosen are meant to reflect Cuban culture, which makes this such a fun summer palette. I also love how curated it is, with only having 8 shades, and an even amount of mattes and shimmers.
To accomplish this look I used the following shades:
- I started off the crease with Coco-taxi. This is the perfect mustard transition shade and it really built up nicely.
- I applied Trópico lower in the crease to warm it up slightly. This shade blended really nicely over Coco-taxi and it had a lot of pigmentation.
- I added Cafecito to the outer corner, dragging it into the crease slightly. This deepened the outer corner nicely and blended really well, but I did get a lot of fallout with it, which stained where it fell. So I now always do my eyeshadow before my face makeup when using this palette.
- I applied a white concealer to the lid to cut the crease and pressed on El Malecón. In the pan, it really looks like a silver shade. But it really has a strong green shift to it, which I think is so unique! The metallics in this palette are hands down stunning!
- I added La Coasta to the inner corner and the brow bone. From what I can tell this shade is more of a satin, but it has a really nice pearly sheen to it.