Hello everyone! For this week’s Eye Look of the Week is another from the Juvia’s Place Zulu Palette! I’m sorry, but I can’t help but continue to feature this beauty! I’m also currently working on a review of this palette, which I will also post this week.
If you aren’t familiar, the Zulu Palette has a beautiful rainbow-esque colour story. While in last week’s Eye Look of the Week I played with the blues and greens, this week I decided to go for some of the more warm shades.
To accomplish this look I used the following shades:
- I built up the matte purple through the lower part of the crease and in the outer corner. This purple turned out to be a lot brighter than I thought it would be, from looking at it in the pan.
- I applied the matte cherry red just above the purple to start the transition to the brow bone. Again, I thought that this red was going to be a lot deeper than it was. When swatched, it almost looks like a hot pink!
- Just above the red I applied the matte orange, which was very pigmented.
- Finally, I really wanted the upper transition to have a bit of yellow, so I added the matte yellow to the brow bone. There just wasn’t enough space on my lid! I found the pigmentation of the yellow a bit underwhelming to be honest.
- I applied a white concealer to the lid to cut the crease and pressed on the shimmer in the bottom right corner onto the lid. In the pan, I really thought that this was a brown shimmer. To my surprise it was a duo-chrome pink gold! Therefore, again, deeper in the pan, lighter on the lid. Regardless, this shade really finished off the look nicely!
Overall, I am pretty impressed with this palette so far! Have you used Juvia’s Place eyeshadows before?