Hello everyone! Back at it again with another monthly look at my relatively new Facetory subscription.
What is it? Facetory is a sheet mask subscription service that offers packs of 4 or 7 carefully curated Kbeauty sheet masks every month. I am very new to sheet masks, so I thought that this would be a great way to try out more, especially since these are sheet masks that are tested before being chosen to be sent out to us. You aren’t just getting any random sheet mask.
Price? FOUR-ever Fresh (4 sheet masks per month): $5.95 USD + $2.95 USD Shipping (within the US; $9.95 USD for shipping to 50+ countries outside the US).
SEVEN LUX (7 sheet masks per month): $15.95 USD + $3.95 USD Shipping (within the US; $9.95 USD for shipping to 50+ countries outside the US).
December FOUR-ever FRESH: ’tis the season to glow
Retail Price: $3.50 USD
Claims: “This sheet mask smells delicious like fresh strawberry milk and will leave your skin soft and supple with its thick, milky essence. The microfiber sheet will seamlessly stick onto your skin for added absorption, giving your skin the extra moisture it needs. This mask includes ingredients like milk protein extract, strawberry extract, and grapefruit extract, to make your overall skin tone brighter, shinier, and most definitely, healthier!”
- This was a vey nice sheet mask. The mask itself was made out of good quality microfibre and it adhered really nicely to the face. It was a bit difficult to untangle though!
- The mask fit my face pretty well, but could have been a bit wider on the jawline. This is a common issue that I have with sheet masks, and it’s not like I have an exceptionally big face.
- This mask had the slightest strawberry milk scent. It was just barely there, so it wouldn’t bother anyone who is sensitive to scent.
- The serum was very creamy/milky. While the mask was on it felt very soothing.
- Afterwards, there was a small amount of serum left over to apply to my face.
- Overall, this was a really nice hydrating mask!
Would I repurchase? Yes!
Retail Price: $4 USD
Claims: “Did you know that your pores are one of the most crucial factors in determining the appearance of your skin? Well, you can keep your pores in check and at bay with the NO:HJ Pore Control Mask Pack! This mask uses a soft microfiber sheet that is great for controlling excess sebum. This highly concentrated sheet mask is great for all skin types as it uses portulaca extract as well as snail mucin extract to provide elasticity and care for your pores, all the while calming, soothing, and moisturizing the skin. This mask will leave your skin feeling so smooth you’ll be craving for more!”
- This sheet mask seemed like it was just slightly nicer than a typical cotton mask. It fit and adhered well, but was of course too narrow to cover all of my jawline.
- The serum was very thin and clear. I didn’t notice any particular scent.
- The mask was absolutely soaked in the serum. It felt so nice and hydrating while on.
- Afterwards, there was a good amount of serum that you could apply to your face. It didn’t dry down all the way, but it wasn’t too sticky-feeling on the face.
- Even though the description of this mask mentions pores, this mask definitely did not do anything noticeable to my pores right away (who knows what will happen in the future). It did however make my skin feel really soft and hydrated.
Would I repurchase? Yes.
Retail Price: $2.50 USD
Claims: “Tis the season to eat fruits and be jolly! Don’t forget to invite your skin to join in with you as you use our Baroness Pomegranate sheet mask! This sheet mask will restore your skin’s liveliness for the holidays as it uses pomegranate extract to moisturize, soothe, and provide elasticity to your face. Other ingredients this mask contains such as apple extract and hyaluronic acid will work to brighten your skin tone and provide your skin with the nutrients it needs. This mask will definitely work to help wrinkles, trouble spots, and cancel out excess sebum, making your face a glowing canvas for the winter!”
- Oh my god did I love this mask. Mainly because it has the most delicious fruity/berry smell.
- It was hard to tell what exactly this mask was made out of, but it was kind of cotton/microfibre-y. It fit and adhered well to the face, but again wasn’t wide enough.
- The serum was very clear and liquidy, and there was leftover serum for use after the mask.
- This serum completely absorbed, which was really nice.
- Although this mask is supposed to brighten your skin, I did not notice a difference. However, it was just a nice experience overall using this mask, mainly because of the scent.
Would I repurchase? Yes! I definitely want more.
Retail Price: $2.50 USD
Claims: “The colder months are approaching! Soothe and calm your skin as you sip on your holiday drink with our Aloe mask from The Face Shop! This sheet mask will hydrate your skin as it contains aloe extract and a water-type essence to calm down and provide moisture to irritated, sensitive skin. This mask was made using a natural grinding extraction process where natural plants are blended with a moisturizing water-based ingredient to create a natural extract, making the ingredients natural and without any additives. Your skin will definitely rejoice as this mask works to cool and soothe your face!”
- This sheet mask definitely felt like it was of cheaper quality. It was very saturated and hard to detangle.
- The mask fit and adhered fine, but like always, could have been a bit wider.
- The serum was very clear and liquidy, and there was some leftover serum to apply afterwards.
- This mask felt hydrating but afterwards, the serum did not dry down and left my skin very sticky, which isn’t great. But aloe itself is kind of sticky so I can understand!
Would I repurchase? Maybe, but probably not.
Overall, I was happy with this month’s selection of masks. They all fit pretty well (although all were a bit small as usual) and it felt like most of them were made out of high quality materials. I liked the variety of serums, and how not all of them were overly scented. As always, I never really expect sheet masks to do a whole lot for my skin, especially if they have claims that go beyond hydration. With sheet masks, it’s pretty much just about the pampering aspect and not about extreme performance, which is fine with me!
Have you tried any of these masks or anything from Facetory? What face masks do you recommend?