Hey everyone! It’s time for December’s BoxyCharm!
So soon, you ask? Why yes, I’m super on top of things this month. Additionally, I found the products in this month’s box pretty quick and easy to test out. So lets get into it!
What is it? A monthly beauty subscription box that includes 4-5 full-sized and luxury-sized products from various companies.
USA: $21 USD/Month + FREE shipping.
CANADA: $21 USD + $5 USD Shipping –> Ends up being ~$33 CAD with the exchange rate.
December BoxyCharm: Glitz & Glam
Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP): $32 USD
Claims: “Treat your cheeks to a multi-dimensional, natural flush with this RealHer Blush Kit- Be Fearless, Be Limitless”
- This blush kit includes three blushes, two of which have noticeable shimmer (Fearless and Unstoppable).
- I really like all of the blushes in this kit. They have nice pigmentation that comes across natural and can be built up to preference.
- I love the shade “Fearless”. It is very much a NARS “Orgasm” shade. At first glance it looks like it would be too shimmery, but I loved it on. It was very glowy and luminous.
- Limitless is the perfect coral blush.
- I think some people would confuse “Unstoppable” with a bronzer, but this is just a bronzy blush. I would not use this as a bronzer, and it does become more of a blush-pink shade with application.
- Overall, this is a great product! I was not excited when I first saw it, but I love it now.
MSRP: $29.99 USD
Claims: “BelláPierre’s professional color correcting concealer palette is formulated with rich creamy good for your skin ingredients. Helping create a flawless healthy complexion.
Color correcting is a technique that has been used by makeup artists for decades to banish imperfections through use of colors that cancel each other out. A color correcting concealer that is used underneath foundation will make any imperfection virtually undetectable.”
- I do not colour correct, so this palette has no use for me.
- If I were to start colour correcting, I would not use this palette, as it has gotten terrible reviews. All 8 reviews on the Bellapierre website (yes, I realize that’s not a lot of reviews) have been 1 star reviews.. Not so encouraging.
- I do think it’s handy that all three colours came in one palette. However, different tones of skin will need differing shades of orange and purple, therefore this palette will definitely not work for everyone.
- This was a waste of space in this month’s BoxyCharm in my opinion, since colour correcting is not a hugely popular trend right now. I think very few people colour correct at this point, and it’s very much a polarizing technique. People either do or don’t. And those that don’t probably won’t start, either because they don’t need to or because it is an extra step in an already long routine.
- You would think BoxyCharm would be more mindful to choose items that would work for the majority of consumers, but I often think the items in our boxes are really just items that certain companies just want to get rid of because they aren’t doing well. I get it, but it’s not great for us.
MSRP: $24 USD
Shade: “Secret Sabotage” – Nude with a metallic finish
Claims: “A lightweight, ultra-creamy, full coverage formula that is highly pigmented to deliver an intense metallic shine.”
- Um, I am in love with this lip product! I absolutely agree with all of the claims.
- First of all, the packaging is like none other! It is so beautiful. I am obsessed with roses, so this lip product was basically made for me. Also, rose gold detailing. Need I say more?
- This liquid lipstick is very much like a highly pigmented gloss. It is similar to the Smashbox Be Legendary Liquid Lip, in that this is a liquid lipstick that does not dry down. However, this formula is so much more comfortable than the Smashbox one! This one is definitely less sticky, and feels so smooth and almost cushion-y.
- I absolutely love this shade. Often metallic lips can be too “in your face”, but this shade has such a nice amount of shine, I love it!
- I want more of these, it’s official. I would love a metallic red!
Left: Natural Lashes; Middle: One coat; Right: Two coats
MSRP: $23 USD
Claims: “A jet-black, vegan mascara that has a molded brush that grabs & coats even the tiniest lashes for 2700% more volume.
WHAT IT DOES
Strengthens, conditions & gives high-impact volume & definition with triple-black mineral pigments & more good-for-you ingredients. The patented silicone mascara wand with multi-length bristles coat every lash for a longer & thicker look with one stroke.”
- Overall, I think that this is a good mascara, but you have to be careful to not build it up too much.
- The pigment of this mascara is really black, which is great.
- I have always been partial to silicone mascara brushes, which is what this one is. I find that silicone brushes prevent clumps.
- The formula is not dry, but not overly wet either. Right in the middle.
- This mascara seems to add both volume and length, and does an alright job of making my lashes hold a curl. It also seems to do a pretty good job of separating the lashes.
- This mascara seems to coat the lashes pretty evenly, and builds up well, but can be built up too far to make your lashes too chunky. So take it easy.
- I experienced minimal flaking, and it did not transfer at all.
Crown Brush Deluxe Blush Brush
MSRP: $12 USD
Claims: “With super soft, dense synthetic bristles, this brush can be used with both powder and cream blushes, and provides medium to full coverage for a more dramatic finish.”
- This brush is shaped a bit like a contour brush, meaning that it is a bit more oval than round.
- The bristles are pretty densely packed, but they are very soft.
- I found that this brush was too dense for powder blush. It packs on the pigment, but then can’t blend it out. I prefer to use brushes that are a bit fluffier/looser. My HG is the Sephora PRO Featherweight Complexion Brush #90.
- However, I think that this would be a great stipple brush for liquid blush.
Well that’s it for all of the items in this month’s BoxyCharm!
Overall, I for sure liked 3 out of the 5 items. I literally have zero interest in the colour correcting palette, and it will probably just go in the garbage (because it’s not even something that I would want to bestow upon my friends or my worst enemy, despite Christmas being around the corner). The blush brush I won’t use a lot because I rarely dabble in liquid blushes. But now that I have a brush that I think will work specifically for that purpose, maybe I will get more into liquid blushes!
Box Worth: $121 USD
Did you get the December BoxyCharm? What are your thoughts? Comment down below what you think!