Hello everyone! How’s it going? I am super behind with my posts from October. I’m not sure what happened, but that’s just life.
This last month I subscribed to a new subscription service called Facetory.
What is it? Facetory is a sheet mask subscription service that offers packs of 4 or 7 carefully curated Kbeauty sheet masks every month. I am very new to sheet masks, so I thought that this would be a great way to try out more, especially since these are sheet masks that are tested before being chosen to be sent out to us. You aren’t just getting any random sheet mask.
Price? FOUR-ever Fresh (4 sheet masks per month): $5.95 USD + $2.95 USD Shipping (within the US; $9.95 USD for shipping to 50+ countries outside the US).
SEVEN LUX (7 sheet masks per month): $15.95 USD + $3.95 USD Shipping (within the US; $9.95 USD for shipping to 50+ countries outside the US).
October FOUR-ever FRESH: Breast Cancer Awareness Kit
So the theme of this month’s kit was Breast Cancer Awareness, so all of the masks involved pink/flowers. Something that is amazing is that 3% of all of the proceeds from the October Facetory subscriptions were donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation!!
Retail Price: $3.50 USD
Claims: “One unique feature of the mask is that 82% of the entire essence is made up of rose water. Rose water has countless inflammatory benefits and helps to reduce redness, irritated skin, and acne prone skin. In addition, this mask contains pomegranate extract to help calm the skin while the primrose extract helps to add nutrients and deep hydration.”
- This sheet mask was made of cellulose. I found that it really stuck together and overall, it was difficult to open/detangle in order to use it.
- The mask was very drenched with serum which can be a good thing, but can also cause slippage.
- I didn’t really like how this sheet mask fit and adhered to my face.
- The serum itself was clear, and there was a good amount in the package.
- The serum absorbed well into the skin, but didn’t leave my skin feeling especially hydrated.
- Overall, this sheet mask was nothing special
Would I repurchase? No.
Retail Price: $3 USD
Claims: “Just as this mask literally says on the left side of the sheet, we want to tell everyone: “You did well today, sweet dreams”. After those long hours of work, school, and exhausting responsibilities of everyday life, everyone deserves to be able to just relax at the end of the day. What better way to do so than with this deep sleep mask? The essence contains natural lavender oil which has anti inflammatory properties and works to purify the skin. A true “deep sleeping mask”, the natural lavender scent acts to calm the nervous system and act as an aromatherapy to enhance both psychological and physical well-being. The creamy essence is packed with lavender, shea butter, and jojoba oil to balance overall moisture levels and provide nutrients for the skin.”
Also, something that the claims do not include, but is said on the back, is that this mask and its serum is 8-free: Free of parabens, fragrance, alcohol, mineral oil, silicone, pigment, PEG and phenoxy-ethanol.
- First of all, can we talk about the design on the front of the packaging?! It has a girl with a cat on her back while she is sleeping. That is literally me lol.
- I loved this mask! The scent of this mask was a light lavender scent, which I turned out to love! The scent really added an spa-like, aromatherapy angle to this mask!
- This mask was made out of cotton, and fit and adhered well to my face.
- The serum in this package was thickest I have ever seen included with a sheet mask. It was like a thick cream that had some clumps in it which I found questionable.. but it seemed fine. The only problem with this is that the cream wasn’t dispersed evenly over the mask, so I would recommend spreading all of the serum in the package over your face before applying the mask, in order to get the best results.
- There was a good amount of the creamy serum to add to your face after finishing with the sheet.
- This serum soaked in relatively well, but there was some residue left on my skin so I wiped this off before continuing on with my skin care. Overall, this mask left my skin feeling hydrated and pampered, especially because of the scent.
Would I repurchase? Yes!
Retail Price: $3 USD
Claims: “It’s like using a full bottle of ampoule loaded with collagen just for your face! This Beyond mask uses a cupra sheet to ensure that there is maximum moisture retention and minimum moisture evaporation while in use. The mask is saturated with an essence containing collagen components which is essential for the overall health and appearance of the skin. High amounts of collagen not only help to reduce signs of aging but also help to become the building blocks for elasticity. Elasticity and collagen are key functions that help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.”
This sheet mask is also dermatologically tested, has no parabens, has minimal chemical colorants and states that it is “against animal testing”. Not sure if this means that this mask is cruelty free or not…
- This mask was a cotton sheet mask that was way too big, which made it really awkward to fit and make adhere on your face. Additionally, even though it states on the package that it was a cotton mask, it was so thin that I couldn’t even be sure that it was an actual cotton mask…
- This mask was absolutely drenched with serum, which I never like, because as I said before that often contributes to slippage.
- The mask came with a very thin, clear serum, and there was a good amount of it in the package.
- The serum absorbed pretty well into my skin, and I do think that it left my skin relatively hydrated.
Would I repurchase? Probably not, because it fit so poorly.
Retail Price: $3 USD
Claims: “In ancient times, Epona – the Roman goddess and protector of horses – was the prime symbol of fertility and prosperity. As a tribute to the natural strength and beauty that Epona exuded, the Epona Jeju Mask was created! This mask combines the natural ingredients of both seaweed extract and kelp extract from the Jeju waters to moisturize the skin to a rich and healthy glow. More specifically, the seaweed extract works to calm the skin while the kelp extract works to add just the right amount of nutrients to give the skin that perfect radiance and suppleness. Overall functions include moisturizing dry skin, calming breakouts, preventing signs of aging, and brightening the overall appearance of the face.”
- This mask was a thicker, more plush cotton mask. It both fit and adhered well to my face.
- The serum with this mask was sort of milky.
- Overall, this mask didn’t seem like anything special. While it may have minorly hydrated my face, I don’t think that it noticeably brightened my complexion. However, I do think it’s hard to expect brightening with one use.
Would I repurchase? No.
Overall, even though none of these sheet masks really wowed me, they are all still perfect for a little treat after a long work day. I love pampering myself with masks, and this subscription service is so nice since you get these new products delivered to your door. I never know which Kbeauty masks to purchase, therefore this subscription service takes the guess work out of it. Especially since these masks are hand picked. Additionally, if you end up liking any of the masks in your kit, you can purchase more through the Facetory website!
Have you tried any of these masks or anything from Facetory?