Hey everyone! I just wanted to give you a quick look at the manicure I did with the August @NinaNailedIt Monthly Mani Kit by Scratch. Last month I did a review of their Monthly Mani Kits, which you can check out here for more information, including the manicures I did with the June and July Monthly Mani Kits.
If you don’t already know, the @NinaNailedIt Monthly Mani Kit is a monthly subscription kit that is offered through the company Scratch. Each month this kit includes an exclusive and limited edition set of nail wraps designed by @NinaNailedIt, plus two other handpicked nail art extras to accent your manicure! The price of this subscription service is $10 USD per month, plus shipping and handling ($4.99 USD for me in Canada; they ship internationally).
I have been putting off using the August kit because about half way through August I had to cut down all of my nails very short. I had played in a softball tournament where I played 5 games in 1.5 days, and I broke virtually every nail because they were pretty long. Therefore, I wanted to wait until my nails were a decent length again to use this beautiful summery kit. I thought now was the perfect time to use them, to celebrate the very last days of summer.
In this months kit we received:
- Beach Please! Nail Wraps: Transparent nail wraps with palm trees, popsicles, stars, sail boats, life rafts and anchors.
- Iridescent Loose Glitter that is really interesting. The glitter looks almost like 3D bubbles that reflect purple, lilac and greeny gold.
- Triangle Makeup Sponge: To be used to create a gradient design on your nails.
For the most part I’m pretty happy with the August kit, the nail wraps are adorable and the loose glitter is gorgeous. However, I feel like receiving a makeup sponge is a bit of a cop out for our third item. This may just be because I already own like 100 makeup sponges and they are so cheap and easily accessible.
And here’s what I created:
- Orly Bonder Rubberized Base Coat
- China Glaze “White on White”
- China Glaze “Chalk Me Up!”
- China Glaze “Spring in my Step”
- Essie “Play Date”
- Orly “Explosion of Fun”
- Essie Good To Go Top Coat
- Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat