Hello everyone! Within the span of a week I have been nominated by two different people for the Mystery Blogger award! This is great, since it gives us the opportunity for a small change of pace whilst in the middle of my 31 Days of Reviews Challenge! The two ladies who nominated me are Sophia and Julia, so thank you! Please be sure to check out their wonderful blogs 🙂
Here are the rules for the Mystery Blogger Award:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell readers 3 things about yourself
- Answer the questions provided
- You have to nominate 10-20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share and link to your best post(s)
The creator of this lovely award is Okoto Enigma, and you can visit her blog here. She has some great tips about blogging in particular!
Here are three things about myself:
- I’ve been wearing winged eyeliner for almost 10 years now, before it was super trendy. People used to ask me if I was wearing stage makeup, because I was a dancer so it was a logical question for them. lol. Sorry, I came to slay 🔪💁🏻
- Connected to my last point: I was a dancer for 10 years, until high school ended. For the full 10 years I trained in classical ballet, but I also picked up hip-hop and lyrical along the way. I particularly loved hip-hop and was good at it, despite having done ballet for so long. Most people can’t do both, it’s usually one or the other because the the movement styles are so different.
- I started my own intramurals softball team 4 years ago through my university. I decided to do this because one year I was asked to play on another team for a couple of games to help them out. For this intramural league, you must have 3 girls on the field at all times, so girls can be particularly valuable. However, each time I was asked to come I ended up almost never getting to play because the male members of the team wanted their girlfriends to play (and they were terrible). Now I had 4 years of fast pitch experience under my belt (and this was a slow pitch, practically beer-league), and I was at least medium-good, so the fact that I was asked to come, but then not allowed to play so that their pathetic girlfriends could play was very annoying. Thus, I started my own team the next year, so that there could be a team that would provide an equal opportunity for everyone.
Ok so regularly this award requires that you answer 5 questions, however because I have been nominated by two people, I have 10 to answer.
Here are the questions from Sophia:
1. Funniest memory? In Grade 11 Math class my friend and I were constantly exhausted. I’m not sure if it was the time of day or if we just weren’t sleeping well, but we were always so tired in math and it was the type of tired where you are giggly and can start laughing easily. One day, in the midst of our exhaustion, we wrote a rap named ” ‘dem grills”, after her braces. I wish I still had it, but it was one of the funniest things we ever created together!
2. What is your favourite fruit? Oh man, this used to be so easy. It was always blueberries, but mangoes have been moving higher up on the list.. Let’s say mangoes!
3. Why did you start blogging? I am obsessed with makeup and I wanted to share my opinions on the products that I use. I know that I am definitely influenced by what others think about particular products, so I am hoping that I can help others find great new products while also making informed purchasing decisions! I also have the hope that I will one day begin receiving PR so that I can review even more products 🙂 I love trying out new makeup and skin care, it is very fun and is a great stress reliever from grad school.
4. What is your favourite social media platform? Probably instagram because I love pretty pictures and getting inspired by other peoples’ posts.
5. What is your favourite thing right now? My cats, it’s world cat day today after all! 😻🐆🐅🐈
Ok, here are the questions from Julia:
1.Where are you from, and what is your favourite thing about it? I am from Victoria, BC, Canada. My favourite thing is that I live in the most western part of Canada where we have lots of mountains and access to the ocean. I study Marine Biology, so access to the ocean is vital 😉
2. What is the best food you’ve ever had? The best food I have ever had was a dish from a local restaurant, Il Terazzo. This is a fancy Italian restaurant that we went to for my BSc graduation dinner. I had a dish called Cannelloni e granchio. Luckily this dish is still on the menu so here is the description: Roasted butternut squash, asiago cheese cannelloni served on a bed of grilled vegetables and coconut curried lentils served with crab cakes, topped with cilantro pesto. Oh my god was it good!
3.What is one thing you’ve always wanted to do? I have always wanted to visit Estonia. I am half Estonian, so I am eager to see the country and learn the language. If I can get away with it, I may even try to do my PhD there.
4. What is your go to movie when you’re in need of a laugh? Legally Blonde or Miss Congeniality.
5.What is an embarrassing song you sing in the shower? (Weird Question) Back was My Chemical Romance was a thing, I used to sing Helena haha.
I am going to nominate:
My questions for you are:
- What weird food combinations do you really enjoy? (Weird)
- If your job gave you a surprise three day paid break to rest and recuperate, what would you do with those three days?
- What social stigma does society need to get over?
- In the past people were buried with the items they would need in the afterlife, what would you want buried with you so you could use it in the afterlife?
- What’s something you really resent paying for?
Below are links to some of my best blog posts that have either:
- Required a lot of work to post, so I am proud of them or
- Have received a lot of views on the day of posting.
If you haven’t already checked them out, please do so 🙂
Lastly, I just want to say thank you again to Sophia and Julia. I am definitely starting to feel like I am being included in the community here on wordpress. I am still very new, so it is so nice to meet new people. As for the people who I have nominated, I nominated you because you in particular have shown interest in my blog, either by commenting or liking my posts. Therefore, I would love to know more about you!
Thanks for reading everyone!